Friday, February 18, 2011

Feeling special!

I'm feeling kind of special right now. I have been up and down with how much I've written lately-my nary updated blog is an example of that. I've been in an editing kind of mood, so I stumbled upon a fairy tale that I wrote a while back. I saw that there was a writing contest going on that had a theme "mythos", and I thought my fairy tale would be perfect for that if I edited it up a bit. The place that hosted the contest is Steward House Publishing, and they have regular contests. Anyway, I edited my story and submitted it RIGHT before the deadline. I'm serious, there were only ten minutes left before the contest was closed! The results were posted the next day (as the judging goes on throughout the week)

Annnndddd...

I got Editor's Choice! Yes! I'm so happy! When I submitted I thought I wouldn't get anything at all, but I did! They said they liked my story a lot. I'm so happy! Here is the link to the page with all the winners!

http://www.stewardhouse.com/contests/

I hate to leave this post short, but now I must proceed to dance off into the sunset. *begins to poka*

Esther "She's a winner!" P.

2 comments:

  1. *hugs* congratulations,Esther! I always liked that story, could you send me the updated one?

    PS. you are supposed to tell me when you update this! And when you win a writing contest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! (My comment, like your post, is short.)

    ReplyDelete