Sunday, April 4, 2010

It's the Easter Esther!

Hi folks! Two holiday posts in a row, eh? As you all know, it's Hunt More Eggs Than the Children Can Day!

Well actually, it's Easter.

Easter is one of my favorite holidays. That's because it's a family thing in which all of the members of the family have a good time. I also like the food, and the wonderful meaning that the holiday is all about. And, I like hunting eggs.

What? Too old to hunt eggs, you say? NEVER! You are never too old to go out into the wilderness with your egg hunting brethren and pick up as many of those elliptical things as you can. The older, the better, I say. (I'm fifteen so I should know.) A few years back, I found around 40 eggs in one go. Although I've matured enough this year to leave eggs for the kids that are younger than me, so I've only picked up 14 this year at my homeschool egg hunt. The urge to pick up every one I saw was huge, but I restrained myself.

Another thing I like about this holiday is that I can make up my own traditions. Last night I had difficulty sleeping as I sometimes do, and I decided to annoy my sister in an act of pure genius. I grabbed my bag of plastic eggs from underneath my bed and decided to stuff the majority of them underneath my sis's pillow. She has the bunk above me so all I had to do was reach my long arm up and fit as many eggs under her pillow as I could. She didn't notice because she had our cat up there, who was currently attacking her face. Anyway, I laid back in my bed and said, "The Easter Esther sleeps well tonight". I'm thinking about stuffing eggs underneath pillows every year! She kind of freaked out when she discovered that I managed to put ten there when she wasn't looking.
So, there you have it. The magic that is Easter. Do you love Easter, Pierre?

PIERRE: MY EARS ITCH!

Pierre, always forgetting that you have no ears. Until next time folks.

1 comment:

  1. Haha I bet Emma loved that happy Easter Esther

    ReplyDelete