Thursday, April 1, 2010

OH NO!

AAAAAAH! Pierre Le Pickell is on fire! NO! NO! Somebody put him out! Put him out! NOoOoOoO!

......


APRIL FOOLS!

Ha ha! I got you didn't I? I bet you really thought Pierre was on fire. He isn't though. He is just in front of a green screen. Right, Pierre?

PIERRE: I PITY THE FOOL!

Always the kind one Pierre. Well, as you know, it is April the 1st, which means it is Play a Mean and Cruel Joke on Your Friends Day! Er-I mean April Fools day! Da da da!
The problem is, I have never been a big fan of this holiday. It may stem from the fact that I hate startling people. It also could be...well. Okay, I'm a horrible liar, see? I couldn't lie even if I tried, which makes it rather difficult to play a joke on someone. There is the one time that I tried, and it didn't go so well. I guess I was around seven or so, and noticing that it was April the first, I decided to shout,

"Hey mom, look! It's a calendar, right over there!"

Mom turned her head sharply and looked where I was pointing. There was no calendar, because I had tricked her.

"April fools Mom!" I said.

"Oh tarnation. You've done tricked me, Esther. I really thought there was a calendar." My mom said. Then she walked away and returned to her business. Do you want to know what happened after that?

I felt like dirt, that's what. I ran up to my mom and shouted,

"I AM SO SORRY I LIED TO YOU THAT THERE WAS A CALENDER WHEN THERE REALLY WASN'T AND I WISH YOU WOULD FORGIVE ME I'M SORRY MOM!"

There was a silence, then my mom said, "It's okay, Esther."

And the guilt melted away. So you see, I can't trick people in person without regretting it fully. But anyway, I guess I'm doing fine because I tricked you into thinking that Pierre was on fire. I must be getting somewhere in becoming a deceitful person. Yay! Enjoy your April!

No comments:

Post a Comment