Sunday, July 25, 2010

Writing Prompt Week: Day One

Welcome to a Very Random Pickle's very second theme week! Like all theme weeks, this shall be a week solid of writing fun. This week's theme is "writing prompts".

You all probably know what a writing prompt is. It's just a sentence or phrase that jump starts your creativity or gives you something to write about. This week, using a number randomizer and a website called Creative Writing Prompts.com, I shall receive a random writing prompt and follow its instructions, no matter what writing prompt I get. I will also make it up as I go along, with no editing along the way.

Creative Writing Prompts.com has 346 different prompts, which is a lot of writing possibilities. I am using RANDOM.com's random number generator to choose one of the 346 numbers.

Exciting, eh? I figure this is a good way to get my word count for this month up and post in my blog at the same time. Yup, I'm a genius.

So, let's activate the RANDOMATOR!


I got the number 339! I am going to look at the three hundredth and thirty-ninth writing prompt on my nifty website now.

My prompt says,

"Write about five things I would do with myself if I didn't see a soul for seven days."

Hmm, interesting. A good and simple start for a very engaging week. Let's just get down to it!

FIVE THINGS I WOULD DO WITH MYSELF IF I WERE ALL ALONE IN THE WORLD FOR SEVEN DAYS.

1) The first thing I would do, of course, is marvel at the brilliant title I have for this interesting segment. FIVE THINGS I WOULD DO WITH MYSELF IF I WERE ALL ALONE IN THE WORLD FOR SEVEN DAYS is such a sweet and interesting title. It even makes a good acronym. (FTIWDWMIIWALITWFSD)Yes, I could keep myself quite happy for a day or two knowing of the existence of such a wonderful title.

2) Knowing that I will be alone gives me numerous and fun options that could be considered embarrassing by the general public. While running around in my underwear sounds enjoyable, I think I would like to sing instead. When I am bored and feeling a little fidgety, I sing. Since nobody is going to be around me, I won't have to worry about them plucking out their eardrums and begging me to stop. Heh, I like being alone.

3)Another thing I would do is to take over the world. I mean, it would be so easy with no one around, right? My minions will have to be fish and worms, because they don't have souls. (Hey, the rules said not a living SOUL, didn't they?) And when the people DO come back, they will all be at my mercy. Ha.

Ha.

Ha.

4) I think it would be exciting to write a novel in a week. After all, it isn't too hard to write a novel. (I am ignoring the fact that it is hard to write a good novel.) It would a best seller, because all of the people in the world would buy it. Including fish and worms, which totally love me since I've taken over the world by now and given them a good dental plan.

WORMS: My teeth feel so wonderful!

FISH: Glub!

5) Come to think of it, democracy is overrated. I'm going to develop my own political view point. It shall be called, "Estherism", named after its creator which is ME. Estherism shall be a simple blend of communism and a democratic view point, in which the government controls everything because I know for a fact the people prefer it that way. I mean, who wants to WORK for their money and stuff, when I, the government, will give them all the welfare they need? Yes, the redneck masses will rise and become the richest people alive. "Not working" is going to be the new "work"! Quick, I must increase the taxes for the working middle class so I can benefit the people who aren't actually doing anything!* Anger the masses, spend too much money, the world is mine! HAHAHAAHAHAHAH! HAHAHAAHaHA! MYAHAHAHA! GLALALAALA-THIS IS A TRIUMPH I AM MAKING A NOTE HERE HUGE SUCCE-

______

*Cough*

Okay....Maybe leaving me alone on the planet isn't such a good idea. Hope you enjoyed this little bit. Join me tomorrow for another writing prompt! If this piece interested you please leave a comment below. Come on, you know I would do the same for you.

*Yeah..this seems all too real to me.

3 comments:

  1. I liked it Esther, and that is a really good idea to write more! Well I'm going to be checking tomorrow to see if you updated, so you better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^ ^
    O.O

    ^^This post has earned my stunned bunny emoticon.
    Time to start an underground movement in case Esther ever is alone for a week. ("Pisst. Hey worm. The cake is a lie. Trust me I've seen her in a kitchen.")

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol nice stunned bunny!

    ReplyDelete