Thursday, January 13, 2011

A Whole New Looook!


 Hello ladies and gents! Esther P. here to bring some news! In case you haven't noticed yet, A Very Random Pickle now has a new look! 

(The crowd ooohs and looks around)

Eh, eh? Nice, huh? I was looking at my blog the other day and realized that it looked kind of patchy, so I decided to mess with the template design a little. It hasn't changed that much, but I think the whole page flows nicer now! The color scheme is more fancy without losing any of its warty, pickly, goodness. Pierre le Pickel looks like he actually belongs on the page, isn't that right Pierre?

PIERRE: RAWR!

See, he likes it. How do you like your new home, Pierre?

PIERRE: MY HAT ITCHES!

Wow, I had no idea that you loved it so much Pierre.

PIERRE: RAWR! 

I am proud of myself. I think it looks pretty good. And it was easy to pull off, too. I am most proud of my links! I made it so that the links actually change color, oh my goodness. If you click it, it changes color, and if you hover over the link, it turns into another color! Yeah, links! I'll show you a link...I'll give you a link, yeah. 


Did it work? Did my link work?! *Jumps*

Maybe I should give you ladies and gents a tour. To your left and right you'll see the side of my blog, which are two big strips of green. I picked green because it is the color of pickles and of Ireland. See my fancy blog post text? I changed the font and the color so it flows better. And notice how Pierre is floating on air! Before, he was just a guy in a square. And also, look at the nifty date box right above my post. I made that green too. 

...Well, that's it.

So, what do you think of the new look? Like it? Hate it? Any comments are welcome!

Esther "Color Coding Her Links" P.

2 comments:

  1. That was very intellectually stimulating Esther, especially that link. The site looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks really nice, Esther! Good job! I liked the sock link as well, don't you just love socks! Those rainbow ones in the link are pretty awesome! You should get some, I would but you might vomit if I do that. ;)

    ReplyDelete