Monday, June 14, 2010

I'm back!

I'm back! *Throws confeti in the air* YAY!

Who missed me? I bet you ALL missed me right? I am sooo right.

For all of those who care, I had a great time in Florida. The only down side was that we did not have internet at all, so I couldn't check my email or facebook or anything. I had to rely on free wi fi, which seems to only consistantly exist in Mcdonalds. Argh.

But with that aside, my family and I had a great time. We didn't do much expensive stuff, but we had a joly good experience anyway. We went to the beach, went to the movies, ate out a lot, got free mints after I begged a guy..etc. Sounds like fun, right? We had so much fun I don't know how to tell you all. I guess I can tell you about the journey to Florida first, which was a nice experience in itself.

We started out in the early morning. This was because I had an appointment with my foot doctor in Indy so I could have my stitches removed. (see earlier blog post) When we got there, it was made appearent that I couldn't get my foot wet at all at the risk of health issues and junk like that. Yeah, we were going to Florida, Land of Beaches and Sunburn, so I was pretty bummed. This started the whole, "We Must Waterproof Esther" saga, which I may touch on later, but maybe not because it is a big ordeal.

The first couple hours of the trip were kind of stressful. It wasn't because the family was all grumpy, but because dad borrowed one of those GPS things. Its-I mean HER- name is Garmin, and she is quite confusing. All we wanted to do was stop for lunch at a BK, and she got us LOST! Dad got her from a Guy. (I think Guy is his name, hence the caps. Or it could be a Randy.) Garmin seemed interesting and useful at first, but she got in a bad mood and led us down the wrong path. Our family seriously considered naming her GLADOS, because she got more malicious as we arrived closer to our destination. After that though she was pretty useful.

The rest of the trip involved many pit stops, a giant dinosaur, and many a sleepless hour. (Thanks to the uncomfortable car seats) And then we got there. Our room was very pretty. It would have had to be because we payed 1400 bucks for the thing. At that was our trip to Florida. Later I may tell you what I did there, but now I think I'll just sit back and relax.

Yeah, it's good to be back.

4 comments:

  1. The first few hours of a big trip can be extremely stressful. More so with a GPS. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Turn left at this graveyard haha ;)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I lol'd at calling the GPS GlaDos.

    ReplyDelete