Friday, March 5, 2010

I am a true art-ist. (Don't listen to my sister.)

Artistic creativity runs through my family veins like molasses. That is, it takes forever for the artistic gene to actually reach one of my family members. The artist gene has reached my sister, who is currently an a amateur Japanese Comic artist (or manga). She's pretty good, and she is getting better every day. That's when I figured about last week, Why, I can be an artist too!
So I took out a piece of paper, grabbed a snazzy pencil, and got to work. Approximately thirty seconds later, I had completed my masterpiece. Not only am I talented, I also work fast! My mommy would be so proud. I gazed lovingly at my art. It was the first art I had ever made. I had drawn a little person. Sure, she didn't technically have legs, but true art doesn't need valuable appendages. She also was missing an eyebrow, and her hands were little spheres. I thought my first art looked like a masterpiece, so I decided to show my father. I walked up to him.
"Hey daddy, I made my first art today. Would you like to see it?" I asked him. I lifted up my art to his face.

"Oh sure honey, let me look at it-OH MY GOD! WHAT IS THAT?! IT'S LIKE A GIANT AMORPHOUS BLOB HAD KIDS WITH GEORGE BUSH AND THE KIDS SET ON FIRE AND GOT THEIR LEGS CHOPPED OFF BY A SEA TURTLE! AAAAH!" My father exclaimed.

"So you like it?" I said.

He certainly looked pleased. He was now laying on the floor, his mouth foaming with joy and his body rollicking with jerky spasms of glee. He fainted. The beauty that was my art was too much for him. It's a shame, really. I showed the art to the other members of my household. They all had the same reaction, except for my cat, Tifa, who just attacked my face like usual. My first art had the same effect as Medusa, except instead of turning into stone, the people that gazed at my picture just fainted with joy. I'm feeling very proud of myself. I put my first art on the refrigerator so my family could see it everyday.

I've noticed that a lot of my family members have lost weight.

Well, I shall keep working on my abilities until I am as good as my sister. Until next time.



2 comments:

  1. Haha that was good Esther I would love to see this amazing piece of art sometime .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I don't know WHERE my first art is though. I do have James, my second first art on the fridge.

    ReplyDelete