Sunday, March 7, 2010

Life is a musical, is it not?

Have you ever felt emotion bubbling up inside of you, waiting for a chance to burst forth? Have you ever stared at a plate of beans, thinking, "Hey, I don't want to eat this plate of beans."? Have you felt so much strength to this sudden realization that you wanted to declare it to the world, shout it from the rooftops, maybe even...


Burst into song?


In my home this happens all of the time. Myself and my mother being the main culprits. If there is something we don't like, or feel passionately about, then we sing about it. Enough said. We don't care if the song that we concoct is horribly obnoxious or out of tune. If we want to, we sing about it. Of course, this may get a little annoying at one point or another, but does it really matter? If you want to sing, you should sing right? If you think that the taxes are too high, you should sing about taxes. If you think that your spouse should cook dinner tonight instead of you, you should sing about that as well. If the house is a mess and you don't want to clean it, you should waste all of your energy singing about it so you don't have to do it now. If you think monkeys are really cute, well you get the idea.
I have a stunning suspicion that my singing gets old though. But I can't can't help myself. It's in my blood. One of my ancestors must have been a singing chinchilla. As a point and case:

MY DAD: Hey, it's raining outside.

ME: It's raining! It's pouring! Just the sound covers up my mother snoring! Ooooh..

MOTHER: ESTHER!

ACT I, SCENE II

PERSON OFF THE STREET: Hey, I have to use the bathroom. I'll be right back.

ME: (Pops up from behind bushes) You have to use the bathroom! You have to do it soon! You can't wait any longer! So don't wet your pants like a buffoon! Ooooh.

(PERSON OFF THE STREET draws concealed weapon.)

Uh, yeah....You get the idea.

But remember this folks. Always sing your heart out. Don't let your heart wither and die from a lack of musical enrichment. Even if it feels silly, you'll always know it was the right thing to do in the end. Well, until next time.





1 comment:

  1. I liked that one except for the part where it said buffoon because I read buffalo haha.

    ReplyDelete