Saturday, March 6, 2010

I would not do well if I worked at a lost and found.

I have lost my hairbrush for the seventh time this week(one loss for each day). Want to guess where I found it? In the place where it is always supposed to be: the bathroom. The real problem is not WHERE I found it, but HOW I found it. I had looked in the bathroom for my hairbrush around five times, and I never saw it. So when my younger sister finds me looking under the kitchen table for my hairbrush, she asks me,
"What are you doing?"

And I would respond, "Looking for my hairbrush."

And then she would exclaim how incompetent I was and walk into the bathroom. Less then five seconds later she exits the bathroom holding my hair brush, an angry look on her face.

"My hair brush!' I would say, "Wherever did you find it?"

"In the bathroom, where it was supposed to be. You have a disorder, Esther." my sister would always say.

My sister and I go through this skit every single day. I can't find something, and she finds it in the most obvious place possible. She is right. I DO have a disorder. I have twenty twenty vision, but I can't find anything that is in front of my face. If we were standing in front of Mount Rushmore, and my mother asked me to point out the face of president Washington, I would probably turn around and gaze into the nearest tree in search of it. All the while good ole George is shaking his giant benevolent stone head at me. It's that bad sometimes, I swear. My parents are getting tired of it, but I can't help myself. I try to blame it on First Child Syndrome(FCS).
FCS is suffered by many first born children. Because we were born first and therefore got a lot of attention from our parents, we always relied on our parents to get things FOR us. But when we enter teenager years, the reliance on our parents to always find things for us is a thing of the past, and we have to find things ourselves. It usually doesn't work out well. I am worse than others, I'm afraid. On the FCS scale, which measures the extremeness of symptoms, I am a 4.5, where the average child is around a 2.0. (this is a scale of one to five.)
So I blame it on my "syndrome", but it's still getting a little old. I only hope that I cut out of the phase soon, less I find myself unable to find the girls bathroom and thereby sneak into the boys one. (With my luck the girl's was right next to the boy's) Wish me luck. Until next time.

2 comments:

  1. Haha wow just like the football at gym :P I liked it still though

    ReplyDelete
  2. It isn't EXACTLY like my knack to get hit in the face...

    ReplyDelete